SQL*Net Installation! Please Help!

From: Buergi Josef <nbuejo_at_hasler.ascom.ch>
Date: 1995/12/28

Hello

The last days I installed ORACLE V7.1.6 on a SPARC server 20 running SUN OS 4.1. I also created the structure of our database, including all tablespaces. This all works fine (shutdown, startup, sqlplus), no problems so far.....

..... until I wanted to set up SQL*Net V2.0 .

On the client side are PC's running windows 3.1 (SQL*Net V2.0). The network protocoll is Pathworks/Decnet 4.2 . What do I have to do to get this working ? Which server processes? What configuration files (client/server) ? How to configure these ?

Is it possible to run SQL*Net V1.X on this installation ?

Any tips regarding setting up SQL*Net are wellcome ! Tanks in advance.

Please reply direct to my eMail address: NBUEJO_at_HASLER.ASCOM.CH

Regards Joseph Buergi, Berne, Switzerland Received on Thu Dec 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message