Re: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corp. <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/28

Geoffrey Knauth (gknauth_at_bbn.com) wrote:
> When I try to "Configure an Oracle Web Agent service, OWA_DBA...", I
>get the errors below.
> OWS-05526: Service OWA_DBA submission failed due to error 1034
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment.
> SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

ORA-1034 results from attempting to connect to an Oracle database instance that has not been started. Either you haven't started Oracle or the Web Agent is trying to connect to the wrong instance (ORACLE_SID).

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  Mainframe and Integration Technologies  -  Oracle Corporation
Standard disclaimer applies.