Oracle7 Cascading Updates??

From: Eddie Hernandez <ejuan01_at_solix.fiu.edu>
Date: 1995/12/27

How can I set Oracle to perform automatic cascading updates? In other words lets say I have a '1 to many relationship' and a user changes the primary key value of a record in the '1' table. I would like all its childrens' foreign keys to reflect the new change. If any of you are familiar with Access, Access includes this very convenient feature along with Cascading Deletes also.

Is there a way to do this without having to create a trigger?

BTW, I am running Oracle7 Workgroup Server on a Windows NT Server.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

Eddie Hernandez                              North Broward Hospital District
Programmer/Oracle DBA                        1608 SE 3rd Avenue
hernb0_at_nbhd.org                              Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316