Re: rename of exported database

From: Dave Marcus <dmarcus_at_notes.cc.bellcore.com>
Date: 1995/12/26

In article <4beldr$fba_at_ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>, usaraga_at_ix.netcom.coĆ” says...

>I recently exported an entire Oracle database and need to
>import it to another oracle database with another name.
>
>Has anyone done this before? I am cloning this system
>so we can practice with the clone data on another machine
>with of course another database name.
>
>I tried an oracle export and then import, but oracle
>insists we use the same name.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
>
>Vince usaraga_at_ix.netcom.com
I'm assuming that you want to import the total database. Just create the database and tablespaces before you perform the import. use the ignore=y parameter. the database should import successfully. Received on Tue Dec 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message