Re: Oracle headed for Legal Trouble

From: Bill Sawyer <wsawyer>
Date: 1995/12/26

First, let me state very publically, I am speaking for myself, and I am not in anyway speaking for Oracle.

I work in Applications Support. I'm not quite sure where this misinformation concerning the applications is coming from. Quite simply, here is the truth.

Several of our products use modules outside of their own. For instance, AR (Accounts Receivable) uses modules in OE (Order Entry). These kinds of cross-overs are common. If a customer wishes to install AR, but does not wish to install OE, they can install a bare essential version of OE called SHARED INSTALL. This Shared Installation is NOT the whole product, but rather only the tables, forms, and reports used by AR (or other modules you are installing).

Futhermore, Oracle's Financial Applications have well documented interfaces for both receiving and sending data to other system. For instance, AutoInvoice, allows for all your Invoices/Orders to be generated by an outside system, and the bare essential information comes across to AR. Oracle's Financial Applications have numerous interface like this.

I hope this helps dispell any erroneous information.

Best Regards,

Bill Sawyer
Sr. Financial Analyst
Oracle Applications Support
wsawyer_at_us.oracle.com

NOTE: I speak only for myself. Nothing I say should be taken as a statement from Oracle. Received on Tue Dec 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message