Re: Pro*C Release 2.0 experiences ? - Second Posting

From: Bill Thorsteinson <billthor_at_cesani.newforce.ca>
Date: 1995/12/23

Geoffrey A. Orr (gorr_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Netters,

: My previous post described how I tried to go from Pro*C 1.5.9 to Pro*C
: 2.0, and found plenty of incompatibilities and even one bug. My
: support organization says just to use 1.6 (we got 1.6 and 2.0
: together).

: Does anyone out there use Pro*C 2.0? Does it work? Are there patches?
: Has anyone moved from 1.5.9 or 1.6 to 2.0?

: I appreciate any and all responses.

Yes we use 2.0, actually we are up to 2.1 now. There is a compile time option to give you compatibility with 1.6 code, so you can mix old and new Pro*C. We haven't found any bugs with Pro*C yet.

I would recommend upgrading, as there are several improvements in coding style if you are willing to give up full standards compliance. If you call any PL/SQL routines, you already have.

: Geoff Orr

/Bill Thorsteinson Received on Sat Dec 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message