Re: rename of exported database

From: Vijaya Kumar Nair <vnair_at_ccm.tdsnet.com>
Date: 1995/12/22

Please give more details of what you want to achieve. If you want to import data of a user i.e. tables and indexes owned by a schema, to another user or schema, it is possible by using the fromuser and touser options of import. Import will not insist you to have same instance

name. Import doesnot bother the name of the instance while importing
data. Your problem may be to import the data of a user into another
user. This is possible. However, you will have to do the import for each
user separately and you will have to create the new user in the new database before you import the data.

If you need more details, please send me an email.

Thanks

Vijay Nair