Re: How to install SQL*Net in PO7Win95 ?

From: John Bracken <Johnb_at_jbracken.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/12/22

Gary Chen <garykey_at_tcts1.globalnet.com.tw> wrote:

>Hello :
> I have get the person oracle for Win95 from www.oracle.com,
>And I have install it in Win95,but when I use SQL*Plus to
>connect to Oracle7 use the host string as "t:127.0.0.1:orcl",
>it show "no interface driver connected - function not performed".
>Why ? How to install SQL*Net in Oracle7 for win95 ?
> Thanks !!!
> Merry Xmas !

> elm:stonny_at_tc.globalnet.com.tw

You'll probably need to set up you tnsnames.ora file which should be found in orawin\network\admin to point to the instance. Remove all sqlnet v1 alias from your oracle.ini and replace them with pointers in the aforementioned file. Received on Fri Dec 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message