How do I connect dedicated with Multithreaded srvr?

From: John Tymann <tymann_at_ops1.bwi.wec.com>
Date: 1995/12/22

I understand that you need to connect with V2 using a dedicated connection  when starting or stopping a multi-threaded sever instance,  but exactly how do I do it? The manuals I have are not clear. Please supply the following, and THANKS in advance.

  1. How do I set an entry in the TNSNAMES.ora file?
  2. How do I use Network Manager to build this so I do not have to manually enter it?
  3. How do I specify it in a connect string when using sqlplus, etc.? In this case, I am not using an entry in tnsnames.ora with a dedicated entry?