Re: YEAR 2000 Problem with existing Databases

From: Rod Anderson <andersr_at_comtch.iea.com>
Date: 1995/12/22

Gary Myers (101355.3556_at_CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: Got to correct you on your Leap Year statement.
: Normally a leap year occurs every four years.
: However the years zero (1800,1900 etc) are not leap years.
: Except when they are divisible by 400, when they are.

: So, although there wasn't a 29th Feb 1900, there will be a 29th Feb 2000.
: (You would have thought some-one could have designed the Solar System just a
: little bit better.)
: Gary
: --
: Gary Myers, Analyst/Programmer, Kaisha Technology, West of England

I've been out of touch working on non-Oracle applications for awhile so excuse the butting in at the end of the thread.

The real question to me, since I have coded four digit years in all my applications, is `does Oracle handle the leap year 2000 correctly? My assumption is a resounding YES. Please Oracle Corp., don't let me down.

Rod Received on Fri Dec 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message