Re: Abbreviate Oracle Table Names?

From: <gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca>
Date: 1995/12/22

Gary,

I agree 100% with your comments. Regarding your questions about view names.... I just finished compiling some Data Warehousing Standards for a client of mine. For them, we decided that we should *not* put a _VW suffix at the end of the view name . How the data is stored is irrelevant to the 'average' end user. Of course, the fact that it is a view should be well documented in the user's guide, as well as in the View Comments in the data dictionary.

Regards,
Gary Wong (gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca)
Information Technology Consultant
(604) 360-1699 (Voice)
(604) 384-1178 (Fax)

> Gary Myers <101355.3556_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:
< comments about using descriptive names for database objects>

   I'd be interested in people's experiences with View names. Should they
> identify the object as a view, or should the difference between views and
> tables be invisible, as far as possible ?
> Gary
> --
> Gary Myers, Analyst/Programmer, Kaisha Technology, West of England

Original text of this message