Re: Oracle headed for Legal Trouble

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corp. <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/21

Richard Mendoza (rmendoza_at_titan.com) wrote:
>[...] if you purchase and
>install a single financial system (GL) you must also install the
>databases and stored procedures for all of there other systems.
>[...]
>So in effect what there telling you is Oracle is so big now they
>can prevent you from installing third party software and there's
>nothing you can do about it.

If I remember correctly there are some underlying database structures used throughout the Applications products. If you install one or more products you have to install the foundation stuff. But I don't see how this has any effect on other software you might choose to run.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  Mainframe and Integration Technologies  -  Oracle Corporation
Standard disclaimer applies.