Re: [Question] Power Object requirement

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1995/12/21

M.K. -

>1. What is the latest version

I believe that is 1.04.

>2. Do I need to have sort of a database server before I can
> develop application.

You don't necessarily need one, but I would think you would want one ot store your data. OPO comes with a local database called Blaze.

>3. I'm new to client server computing (a formal foxpro
> programmer). Any recommendation for books for me to
> switch to client server computing using oracle products?

High recommendations for the "Oracle Power Obejcts' Developers' Guide", which is written to not only help you build an application with OPO, but also explains many client/server issues, such as database interaction. It's from Oracle Press and it will be out in January in the U.S. - probably February over in Singapore.

The ISBN number is 0-07-882163-0. Received on Thu Dec 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message