Re: Delaying login until database starts up

From: JDennis252 <jdennis252_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/12/20

Just asking here, since I am not an Oracle oracle, but it makes sense to me to
put your Oracle startup commands in an rc file (rc.local maybe) in /etc so that as the system starts up, Oracle starts up. I don't think you would have a problem with a user trying to log in before Oracle started then. I do this with an /etc/rc2.d startup file on my Solaris 2.4 system, and it works fine. We don't have Oracle on our AIX boxes, so I cannot try it their to assure customer satisfaction! :-)

Jamie
James A. (Jamie) Dennis
UNIX Systems Administrator
Honda R & D North America - Ohio Center
jdennis_at_hra.com Received on Wed Dec 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message