Re: Problems w/auto archiving - UNIX

From: Ken Johnson <kjohn_at_rdatasys.com>
Date: 1995/12/20

Well I reinstalled Oracle on another computer that has no NFS sharable disks (no entries in the /etc/dfs/dfstab). I also made sure that the Oracle user account was in the /etc/passwd (not yp/passwd) and the same with the dba group id. The install went well and I was able to startup the server *with* auto archiving (Yeah!). This means that the problem definitely lies within our network setup or something I missed in the install. I am clearing out everything from the previous install and starting over. I will keep you all informed of what happens this next go around.

Ken Received on Wed Dec 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message