Re: Hot backups vs. Offline Backups

From: Donald P. Brown <dpbrown_at_usa.pipeline.com>
Date: 1995/12/19

I just want to echo what Mr. Moore had to say. Use Archivelog mode, backup the datbase files, archive logs, and control files. I've done this in a production system at NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston on DEC Alphas with OSF O/S. I chose to implement it via acsh script so that it could be run at off-peak hours. Even those flight controllers awake at that hour during a mission had no idea that there was any thing extra going on.

You really don't need anything fancier than that!

--

Don Brown
Legacy Enterprises