Re: Insert raw data into table

From: Max Luttrell <max_luttrell_at_nt.com>
Date: 1995/12/18

andalj_at_infmx (Andal Jayadharan) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is only my second time in any newsgroup for that matter, so
>I probably dont know the normal routine.
>
>I am new user of Oracle 7.0 and I am wondering as to how I could
>insert raw data into an Oracle table.
>
>Thanks in Advance for the help,
>
>Nalina

By raw data I'm assuming you mean whitespace or tab delimited, or comma delimited or some other such standard format. . .What you need to use is sql*loader (sqlldr). The oracle documentation "ORACLE RDMS Utilities User's Guide" is chock full of examples and how to and should answer any questions you have.

Hope that helps you along

Max Received on Mon Dec 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message