Re: Someone went braindead for 10.6 install

From: Richard Mendoza <rmendoza_at_titan.com>
Date: 1995/12/18

Richard Mendoza <rmendoza_at_titan.com> wrote:

> I just got through installing oracle financials 10.6. All I wanted to
> install was GL and AOL, because we have our own third party MRP, INV,
> PUR, HR etc. Well someone at oracle thought that even though I didn't
> want their mrp they would still install the table structure. So 10.6
> goes ahead and installs the database for a variety of systems. Not
> thinking that we might have our own mrp with a table called mrp_files.
>
> Well whoever at oracle thought of this wins the braindead award of the
> month.

Its even worse, now I'm told by oracle support that there is no way to install 10.6 without MRP, INV, HR, etc. Its an all or nothing proposition. and will continue to be an all or nothing with version 11. This had to be someone in marketing uninformed decision. There is no other piece of software on the market now that gives you a choice to install a piece of the software and when you say no it installs it anyway. Anyone considering ORACLE as an RDB using ORACLE FINANCIALS but using third party manufacturing should not even consider ORACLE anymore.

My only recourse (so I'm told through support) is to complain to upper management (Laurie Dresser Manager Autoinstall Support, or, Zeke Duge Director of Support, or, Tom Brennan Vice President of Support).

(Maybe there titles should be re-named 'Lack of Support') Received on Mon Dec 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message