Re: [Q] Generating multiple forms with Forms4.5

From: Kevin Toepke <ktoepke_at_infinet.com>
Date: 1995/12/18

In article <4b10ic$60n_at_zorn.mnet.medstroms.se>, Pauli Salmu <p.salmu_at_mn.medstroms.se> wrote:
>Jay Mehta <71034.261_at_compuserve.com> wrote:
>>
>> Paul,

 <Stuff about Win 3.1's lack of batch processing ability deleted>

 (snip)

>> Let me know if you know of any batch processor for Windows.
>
>Sure, it's called Visual Basic :-). Really, I once made a rather small
>and simple VB program which calls Forms generator and you can use
>standard dialogs to choose the files you want to process, target
>directory and whether you want to generate or convert fmb to fmt or
>vice versa. Unfortunately it was made for Forms 4.0 and is a quick
>and dirty design not suitable for distribution as shareware...

I did basically the same thing using Forms 4.5, although the project I'm on stores each module in a table. I have a block with an extra check-box that allows you to select which forms to generate (and a generate-all button). I manually loop through the block host-ing out to f45gen to perform the generate.

Let me know if you want more information.

Kevin Toepke Received on Mon Dec 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message