Re: Using Oracle as a Distributed Database

From: Chris Wise <das>
Date: 1995/12/18

In article <4b245s$3jm_at_casper.spirit.com.au>, Neil Warner <neilw_at_cs.adfa.oz.au> wrote:

> I am seeking some advice on the use of Oracle as a distributed Database
> engine. I am looking to set up a distributed system at about 18 sites,
> and because of possible un-reliable communication infrastructure, wished
> to keep a complete copy of my whole database at each site.
>
> I did not want to use a two phase commit scheme for keeping the database
> synchronised but was looking to use a replication technology.
>
> Can anyone advice me on any experience they have had with respect to:
>
> a.

I know I might get pulverized for posting this in the Notes newsgroup, but have you considered LotusNotes? Depending on the nature of the database objects, Notes is much easier to manage in a distributed environment. I have extensive Notes and Oracle experience. Feel free to email me if you want to discuss.

CW Received on Mon Dec 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message