Re: FORMS 4.5 -- Want to update multiple records with button

From: Guenter Gersdorf <G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de>
Date: 1995/12/18

In article <4auucm$olk_at_rcp6.elan.af.mil>, zeigler says...

>I have a master-detail relationship which displays 1 master record and 5
 detail
>records. The only detail field that will be getting updated is a check box.
>If the user wants all of the boxes checked, I would like a button trigger to
>do this and then immediately display all the boxes as checked. I haven't
 found
>a way to do this except by doing an UPDATE in the trigger. This will not
>display the changes however. I have to do another query to display the
 update.

>Thanks

Use something like

FIRST_RECORD;
while :SYSTEM.LAST_RECORD='FALSE' loop
  :block.item = 'checked';
  NEXT_RECORD;
end loop;
:block.item = 'checked';
FIRST_RECORD; This is essentially equivalent to manually checking all the checkboxes! Guenter

P.S.: Please check your E-Mail Address. <zeigler> is obviously not enough!

Guenter Gersdorf                         Phone:      +49/(0)531/391-7634
Inst. f. Werkzeugmaschinen               Fax:                      -5842
und Fertigungstechnik, TU Braunschweig   E-Mail:     G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de
Langer Kamp 19b, D-38106 Braunschweig http://www.iwf.ing.tu-bs.de/~gg Received on Mon Dec 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message