Re: Privileges Under Oracle 7.1

From: Richard G. Ramirez <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1995/12/18

Loren Budd <Loren_Budd_at_nt.com> wrote:

>pixelp_at_ais.net (Shelley La Porte) wrote:

>>I have an Oracle account with CREATE PROCEDURE and CREATE TRIGGER
>>privileges.. but when I try to compile my procedure I get a PL/SQL
>>error... number 00201 to be exact. Now this error means that an
>>identifier has not been declared.. but the identifier is actually the
>>name of a table owned by another user.
>>
>>I have checked through SQL*Plus and I have select privileges on the
>>table, and if i change from a stored procedure to an anonymous block
>>structure and run the PL/SQL code through SQL*plus it works.
>>
>>If I change the procedure to reference a table I have created or a
>>public table such as dual...the code compiles just fine.
>>
>>So my question is this... what have I missed?

Also, if you have SELECT through a role, Oracle will not let you create a stored object such as a procedure or a view.

It is not a newbie. I had exactly the same problem. To make things worse,I was copying the procedure from Bobrowski's book and I could not figure out what was wrong.

Richard Received on Mon Dec 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message