Re: looking for experience with Genasys and Oracle Forms

From: David Linden <davel_at_csn.net>
Date: 1995/12/17

You'll have to use one of the Genasys development environments:

  1. Scripting
  2. ADT
  3. API
Any of them will allow you to retrieve an object's TAG using a point and click query. You then need to match this TAG with information from Oracle to identify the appropriate form to call up. How you do this depends on which development environment your in. If your scripting or using ADT, you will have to use the "DB" commands:

DB CONNECT, DB SELECT, DB FETCH, etc.

If you are using the API you can use the "DB" commands or you can write your own embedded sql.

As far as popping up the form, you can either make a unix call from any of the three environments, or use the DB EXECUTE command to call a stored procedure.

I hope that gets you started. If you are interested in a consultants help, give me a shout.

David S. Linden
DSL Consulting, Inc.
1520 River Oak Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80525

PHONE 970 229-0638
FAX 970 229-9077 E-mail: davel_at_teamtcs.com