(no subject)

From: Neil Warner <neilw_at_cs.adfa.oz.au>
Date: 1995/12/17

I was looking for some advice in the design and implementation of a distribution database system using Oracle.

I am establishing a large distributed system at 18 sites but unfortunately have unreliable communications between each site. I therefore wanted to keep a complete copy of my database at each site, keeping it synchronised using replication rather than a two phase committ scheme.

Has anyone any experience implementing a similar system using Oracle. I am particularly interested in:

  1. System Architecture Aspectes
  2. Implementation;
  3. Performance.