Re: Developer/2000 strengths, was Re: Power Objects - Is there a mar

From: Pauli Salmu <p.salmu_at_mn.medstroms.se>
Date: 1995/12/15

Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com> wrote:

> My colleagues and I have implemented one application system, and three
> subsystems of another application. In the process, we have become
> increasingly frustrated with the difficulty of producing quality
> applications using the Developer/2000 tools.
>
> Our complaints fall into two groups:
>
> - Complaints about the frequency of General Protection Faults and
> other failures when developing applications with the toolset
>
> - Complaints about the cumbersome and awkward nature of the toolset
> even when it works, as well as the inconsistency of user interface
> behavior between different tools (and even within individual tools)
>
> -- Rick
>(a lot of snips)

I'm myself frustrated by GPF's and bugs but it's not quite that bad. E.g. we use 486's with 16 M RAM in Win 3 and we can have Forms Designer, Forms Runtime, Reports Designer, Reports Server and SQL*Plus open simultaneously and get acceptable performance. I don't know what is possible in Win 95, are you trying to really run something in every tool at the same time? Received on Fri Dec 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message