Re: Privileges Under Oracle 7.1

From: Loren Budd <Loren_Budd_at_nt.com>
Date: 1995/12/15

pixelp_at_ais.net (Shelley La Porte) wrote:
>I have an Oracle account with CREATE PROCEDURE and CREATE TRIGGER
>privileges.. but when I try to compile my procedure I get a PL/SQL
>error... number 00201 to be exact. Now this error means that an
>identifier has not been declared.. but the identifier is actually the
>name of a table owned by another user.
>
>I have checked through SQL*Plus and I have select privileges on the
>table, and if i change from a stored procedure to an anonymous block
>structure and run the PL/SQL code through SQL*plus it works.
>
>If I change the procedure to reference a table I have created or a
>public table such as dual...the code compiles just fine.
>
>So my question is this... what have I missed?

Shelley,

   Are you prefixing the table name with the table owner (ie. OWNER.TABLE)? If not, make sure that there is either a public synonym for this table or a private synonym owned by the procedure owner. It may be that you have privileges on the table but Oracle does not know which table you are referring to.

Loren Received on Fri Dec 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message