Re: Deadlock problem? Me too!

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: 1995/12/15

Andrew writes in article <4anm1o$gnp_at_atlas.tus.ssi1.com>:

> While monitoring the locks and processes through the Server Manager, I
> observed the process was waiting for a requested lock during this idle
> period. Eventually processing would resume and processing would run to
> normal completion. This problem has never been observed on our single
> processor HP/UX systems. Does anyone have any suggestions for
> resolving this problem? Thanks!
>
> -- Andy Zitelli

I never worked on a multiprocssor machine - but I remember there is a parameter in init.ora called something like "number_of_cpus".

Maybe you have to set it to the correct value ?!?

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet              2:2474/117  2:2474/118
      willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org      VFC        ISDN/X.75
   -> No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-