Re: How to store a table on multiple datafiles (one tablespace of course) ??

From: Chuck Isaacson <ccisaac_at_mtu.edu>
Date: 1995/12/14

I think this problem can be addressed by adding data files to the tablespace but put those datafiles on different disks. You may have to export, recreate and import to get the spread you want.

Pierre ROUSSIN (roussin_at_micronet.fr) wrote:
: We're having problems with the total i/o on a tablespace which contains
: one table only, that table is accessed in read only but the enqueue list
: on the disk reaches 4 sometimes, the total i/o reaches 280 in the middle
: of the day and during overnight batches.
:
: So, is there a way to calculate properly the storage of a table on
: multiple datafiles??
:
: If you have a suggestion, don't hesitate to e-mail me your idea.
:
: Thank You in advance.
:
: