Re: HELP: How do I run batch programs with Oracle

From: Heater WONG <heaterw_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1995/12/14

si002_at_seqeb.gov.au (Simon Inglis) wrote:

>Greetings all,
> I have a simple problem. I need to run some Oracle unix software as
>part of a batch load of an Oracle datbase. To load the database I need to
>run SQL*LOADER. My problem is this: How can I run SQL*LOADER from a shell
>script (cshell) so that my username/password does not appear when an user
>does a "ps -ef"?

>My only solution so far is to pipe my username/password to the oracle
>tools. Eg for sqlplus:

>-----start of shell script----------
>echo "$MY_PASSWORD \
>$1 $2 $3 $4 $5" | sqlplus -s
>------end of shell script-----------

>Is there a more elegant solution?
>Simon Inglis
>bss_simoni_at_seqeb.gov.au
>singlis_at_gucis.cit.gu.edu.au

Hi,

        I think you should try to use the Oracle "auto-login account", this kind of user does not need to input the userid and password for the SQL*Plus (userid begin with OPS$, default value). The authorization is checked during the UNIX login.

        This is a login example, "SQLPLUS /" this would work.

Good Luck,

Heater.

/*
/*  heaterw_at_hkstar.com