Re: SQORA7.DLL Causes GPF , , ,How to trace it and resolve the problem???

From: Reza Abouk <rabouk_at_mcimail.com>
Date: 1995/12/14

rabouk_at_mcimail.com (Reza Abouk) wrote:

>Hi,

> A visual C++ front-end logging to Oracle 7.1.4 on a
>data general box is giving me a
>" SQORA7.DLL caused GPF in ...."
>The ERROR was encountered after I deleted my orawin directory
>and reloaded with the upgrades of some tools.
>I need to know what tool copies the SQORA7.DLL and
>how to trace this problem.

>Thanks in advance for any suggestions/solutions

>Reza Abouk

Hi,

   I figured out that SQORA7.DLL comes with the ODBC package and I believe I installed ODBC from one of the Oracle tools CDs and overwrote the existing Microsoft ODBC which came with Visual C++ package. Anyway now I know how I got to this mess, but the problem is not resolved yet.

Should I go ahead and reload Microsoft ODBC?

Regards,

Reza Abouk Received on Thu Dec 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message