Oracle performance in Windows NT / UNIX

From: Terry Burleson <terryb>
Date: 1995/12/14

This may have been previously posted w/o a subject so...

There has been recent interest in porting our application to Windows NT. Currently the application supports Sun and HP UNIX systems interfacing with an Oracle 7.1.6 (10 gig.) database with 15-20 users. Can a system like this, generally speaking, be ported to a Windows NT environment and still produce 'acceptable' performance? Or should there be a UNIX Oracle database server on the LAN and the front ends sitting on Windows NT clients accessing the database across the network? The application is does heavy I/O and multiple joins.

Any opinions/experiences would be appreciated.

--
Terry Burleson (817) 967-2070

terryb_at_sdt.com

Thanks in advance...