Re: Gates & Ellison

From: Ralph Bartley <pizza4me_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/14

I am not an expert on computer science but what strikes me throughout the back and forth thats going on here on the subject of Gates & Ellison sounds to me like a Microsoft problem with an expanded view at the world.
If I may interject my feeble opinion;
Microsoft should focus on Leadership (which they have not demonstrated during their launch of Windows '95). It is of concern to me that the management team at Microsoft has decided not to address the problems that end-users have, but to proceed with a marginal concept developed by MacIntosh (or OS2/Warp for that matter). The choice to have imigrants or Americans do the programing should not be the issue. (However, I do believe that less than appropriate efforts have been made to seek-out the most qualified native individuals to complete the task set forth by an incompetent managerial staff).
I apologize if I offended anyone with this comment but the truth is that big (american) business has their long term vision all confused with what some of us call "hindsight".

In <smithDJIxnI.p7_at_netcom.com> smith_at_netcom.com ( David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) writes:

>EndUser (enduser_at_enduser.com) wrote:
>: the fact is that many indians get very good rates,
>: but, i will say that i have heard rumors that many
>: indians will try to dominate a company by hiring each
>: other, of course that is not proven, and it definitely would
>: be a scary thing.
>They should do as you posture, and hire others, unlike themselves,
 from
>foreign landss. Shame on them for hiring their own kind.
>
>: ---

>: In article <4ahpgu$d94_at_a1ad1aa1.globalcenter.net>, Eric
 Lyders-Gustafson
>: <Eric_at_moriarty.globalcenter.net> wrote:

>: > I think what most people are upset about is that large companies
 are hiring
>: > immigrants because the immigrants will work for half the salaries.
 The
 immigrants
>: > aren't necessarily better at the job, just cheaper.
>: > It's the same reason people are upset about companies moving their
 factories to
>: > foreign countries. The companies don't feel as though the workers
 are better
>: > abroad, just cheaper.
>: > Why shouldn't the gov't look out for it's own people, isn't that
 its job?
>: >
>: > smith_at_netcom.com ( David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) wrote:
>: > >EndUser (enduser_at_enduser.com) wrote:
>: > >: race baiting, or just out of work?
>: > >
>: > >EndUser, with your twisted logic, I see why you post anonymously.
 Consider
>: > >a career other than computer science. Nothing could be less
 logical than
>: > >the cry of the immigrant lovers (paraphrasing), "You just don't
 like the
>: > >flood of third world hordes because you can't get a job". Go
 figure!
>: > >
>: > >: --

>: > >: In article <smithDJ40HK.5LJ_at_netcom.com>, smith_at_netcom.com (
 David Smith at
>: > >: Cal Poly San Luis Obispo) wrote:

>: > >: > Bill Gates was recently crying during his book tour, that the
 government
>: > >: > may place restrictions on the amount of foreigners he can
 import to work
>: > >: > for Microsoft. Is Larry Ellison joining him in lobbying
 Congress to
 allow