Re: Which MsWindows TCP/IP is better for Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP

From: <ccoronel_at_>
Date: 1995/12/14

In <4a3tks$ao4_at_gidora.kralizec.net.au>, dmgray_at_fareast.com.au (Dennis M. Gray) writes:
>Steve Harville <76163.3553_at_compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>>>I wonder if anybody has experience with or already done evaluation of
>>>MsWindows TCP/IP stacks (e.g. Trumpet, Metmanage, ... .. products) for
>>>Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP. Which one do you think is better and works
>>>smoothly or at least you are satisfied with?
>>>

>>The tcpip stack in win95 and windows nt works fine for us.
>>

>What about Trumpet Winsock? My idea is to have Trumpet running under
>Windows 3.11 with an Oracle server on a Linux machine. I have a long
>way to go on getting the server up and running so there is no hurry on
>this but would appreciate comments.

We have this setup, win 3.1, trumpet, sql*net V1.x, ORACLE 7 V7. It works ok. You may need to fine tune each component.

Carlos Coronel
Computer Information Systems
Middle Tennessee State University
1500 Greenland Dr.
Murfreesboro TN 37132
e-mail: ccoronel_at_mtsu.edu Received on Thu Dec 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message