Oracle db & Fault tolerance Implementation

From: Wong Yeow Kiat <spccrd_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1995/12/13

Hi there,

I'm going to implement the Oracle database in the Alpha server with Raid '5', fault tolerance feature (The server will be installed with multiple "physical" hard disks). Information that I have gathered is that the Oracle database requires different hard disk partiton
(different disk controller could make it better) for storing the data, rollback segment and redo log file
separately to avoid I/O contention and for better system performance. With the Raid 5, "distributed data guarding" implemention, there will be only one logical partition
(Correct me if I'm wrong).

Is there any implication on the above setup?

Appreciate for the help.

regards,
Yeow Kiat (S'pore Petroleum Co./Computer Resources Dept.) Received on Wed Dec 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message