Re: Forms 3.0 Required Field Attribute Q

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/12/13

It's probably this: When you turn off the required attribute, the field is marked as valid by forms validation. Then after you turn on the required attribute, the form does not recognize that it should be re-validated.

Try setting the value of the required item to null (or what ever its current value is) just after turning on the required attribute. This should force the validation to occur again when you leave the record.

Hope this helps
Steve Cosner

In article <4amua0$fd9_at_mips.infocom.com> Robert Walters <bobwal_at_infocom.com> writes: <snip>
>My situation is this. I have a field which I initially define as being
>required, but in order to get my list of values to work correctly on a
>different field, I have to use the SET_FIELD packaged procedure to turn
>off the required attribute.
>
>(SET_FIELD (fieldname, required, attr_off); to be specific. I then turn
>the field back on when I exit from my list of values block. (I know the
>required attribute is being set back on, I've checked.)
>
>When I run the form not using the key-listval trigger, and I try to leave
>the record without filling in a value, I get a "FRM-40202: Field must be
>Entered." message. If I first use the key-listval trigger, I do not get
>the error message. This puzzles me.
<snip> Received on Wed Dec 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message