Re: Help: Average Record Size

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1995/12/13

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Bob D'Amore wrote:
> I've got a v7 database and i'm trying to figure out the
> average record size of each table. I havent been able to

Do an ANALYZE TABLE xxx COMPUTE STATISTICS; Then look in the DBA_TABLES (or USER_TABLES) which has a column for the average row size. (Do DESCRIBE xxxx; to get the actual column names.)

> come up with a solution. I can figure out extent size and #
> of extents, but i cant figure out how to get the % of free
> space in a table's extents. Help! Thanks.

There are other columns in the above table/view that will help you figure this out.

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Wed Dec 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message