Re: Gates & Ellison

From: stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: 1995/12/13

In article <4ahpgu$d94_at_a1ad1aa1.globalcenter.net>, Eric Lyders-Gustafson <Eric_at_moriarty.globalcenter.net> wrote:

>I think what most people are upset about is that large companies are hiring
>immigrants because the immigrants will work for half the salaries. The
 immigrants
>aren't necessarily better at the job, just cheaper.
>It's the same reason people are upset about companies moving their
 factories to
>foreign countries. The companies don't feel as though the workers are better
>abroad, just cheaper.
>Why shouldn't the gov't look out for it's own people, isn't that its job?

In case you haven't figured this out by now, Government looks out for money. Money sits in the hallowed halls of wall street and corporate board rooms. If hiring cheap labor and locating manufacturing off-shore makes the bottom line look good, wall street is happy, the boardrooms are happy, and Government is happy. As long as you don't figure this out, it won't change. And even if you do, it won't change. Get used to it or struggle to change the system. You may not succeed, and may be branded a lunatic, but sometimes it might feel better than sitting on your butt watching TV. Then again, which is easier? To get random signatures put text files into a folder called ³Random Signatures² into your Preferences folder. Received on Wed Dec 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message