FORMS Mac screen resolution requirements

From: stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: 1995/12/12

We are implementing a system which runs on FORMS 4.0 on the Macintosh. A problem that we've run into immediately is that the FORMS application requires SVGA resolution in order to be useable. At lower resolutions (VGA - this is essentially what the Apple 14" monitor provides), fields and buttons extend past the right border of the application window. The information which extends past the right border gets lost since, for some reason, there are no scroll bars. Interesting thing is that the application window does not fill the monitor screen, but is not resizeable.

I am not the developer for this application, so if there is some setting that can be used when generating a form to get scroll bars or to get the window to fill the screen thereby allowing us to see the information that gets lost off the right, I'd appreciate the tip.

Our vendor, btw, tells us that this is an Oracle/Mac issue. Is Oracle working on a fix? Or, is support for lower resolution screens a developer problem?

Thanks,

Glenn Stauffer
DBA
Swarthmore College

To get random signatures put text files into a folder called ³Random Signatures² into your Preferences folder. Received on Tue Dec 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message