Re: Personnel Oracle

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1995/12/12

open up the Windows group window called

        Oracle7 ODBC

Click on the ODBC Administrator icon and set up the driver.

Three quarters through the PO7 install I had to clear an informational popup to run the ODBC administrator to install the driver.

A J M Knight (ccsajmk_at_bath.ac.uk) wrote:

:> I have installed Personel Oracle on a standalone PC, however when I
:> attempt to start up the database from the Database Manager I get the
:> following message:

:> ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed.

:> Now I assume that I do not need to install SQL*Net to run Personel Oracle
:> on a standalone machine and the installation makes not reference to it.

:> I have a database alias of Oracle7=2:

:> In my autoexec.bat the Path statement contains 'c:\orawin\bin'

:> My oracle.ini contains the following amongst other things:

:> LOCAL=2:
:> SQLNET DBNAME oracle7=2:

:> From that I assume that oracle should be able to locate the database but
:> it appears to me that Oracle expects some driver to be loaded. Should I be

:> Any help would be gratefully received.

:> Thanks

:> Adam Knight
:> ccsajmk_at_bath.ac.uk

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you