PRO*C PL/SQL PROBLEM!!!!!!

From: Jan Timmermans <jtimmerm_at_alpha>
Date: 1995/12/11

Hi,

Can anybody outhere tell me how to refer to a column from which the name is only known at run-time. All the columns in the table, except for one, are added to the table after the pro-c program is compiled. The program only knows the name and the type of the column at runtime. I want to select the value from that column in a PRO*C program. I tried it with DBMS_SQL but this didn't work. Can someone show me exactly what to do ? Thanks,

        Jan

--

| Jan Timmermans | e-mail: jtimmerm_at_alpha.luc.ac.be |
| Labo Toegepaste Informatica | tel : +032 011/268425 |
| Limburgse Universitaire Campus | |
| Belgium | |