Problem connecting Oracle with Netscape

From: Rajesh Chugani <rlc_at_ulysses.att.com>
Date: 1995/12/11

I am getting a problem when trying to run Netscape and Oracle. Oracle is giving me a error which says:

oerr ora 12545
12545, 00000, "TNS:name lookup failure"
// *Cause: A protocol specific ADDRESS parameter cannot be resolved.
// *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly;
// the most likely incorrect value is the node name.

The Oracle environment variables are set in the .profile and Netscape is not running on the root directory and the plain ProC program is running O.K.

The problem seems to be with Netscape server not being able to view the environment variables.

If anyone has encountered such an error or knows a solution to this problem please send me mail at rlc_at_laertes.att.com or call (908)582-7186.

Thanks,

Rajesh Chugani Received on Mon Dec 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message