Re: FAQ? creating temp table (for Web app)

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1995/12/11

Use the process id as part of the table name. The table is going to persists if you have problems. Create a batch job to delete tables if the process does not exist. If the table exists when the CGI process runs, just truncate the the table and reuse it.

Kyler Laird (laird_at_pasture.ecn.purdue.edu) wrote:
:> I didn't see a FAQ for this group here or in news.answers. If
:> there is one, I'd appreciate a pointer to it.

:> I'm currently working on a Web (CGI) application which creates
:> a temporary table to use in order to satisfy the request. The
:> table should not persist, and it should not interfere with
:> similar tables created by other processes which may be running
:> simultaneously (serving other users).

:> Any suggestions? I'm trying to come up with a clean way of
:> making sure that I have a "private" table which does not
:> persist even if my CGI process runs into problems.
:> Unfortunately, "ORACLE7 - the Complete Reference" (Osborne)
:> isn't quite complete enough for me.

:> Thank you.

:> --kyler

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you