Re: Designer 2000 Install Problem

From: Fred Schulz <fgschulz_at_engprn.mobil.com>
Date: 1995/12/11

You need to explicitly grant execute on dbms_pipe and dbms_lock to the owner of the designer 2000 schema.

Then recompile the packages and you should be all set.

Good luck

In article <4abd5f$mod_at_crchh327.rich.bnr.ca>, vcross_at_bnr.ca says...

>I am trying to install Designer 2000 v1.1 on a Windows NT 3.51
 system with 64M
>of RAM. The server is Oracle v7.1.6 running on a HP 9000/715
 with 128M of RAM.
>I am using SQL*Net v1 TCP/IP to talk between the client and
 server. So far, I
>have two problems:
>
>1. During the creation of the repository, I have two packages
 that fail to
> compile properly: RMDBG and RMMAC. When I try compile them by
 hand, the
> "show error" output indicates several lines complaining about
 DBMS_PIPE
> and DBMS_LOCK (PLS-201: identifier %s must be declared). Both
 DBMS
> packages show as valid, owned by SYS, and a public synonym
 with the same
> name. The respository owner has been granted execute on both
 packages.
> Why won't these packages compile?
>
>2. When running the RAU to create the repository, after the
 objects are
> create on the server, it tries to go to the Maintain User tab
 and errors
> out: RME-00223: Failed to open new activity, RME-00222:
 Failed to dispatch
> operation to Repository, RME-00011:Operation 'open' on
 ACTIVITY has failed.
> "Show Cause/Action" does not show any other information. Is
 this
> somehow related to the first problem?
>
>Any help would be appreciated. After waiting 6 weeks for
 delivery of this

--
Regards,
Fred Schulz