Re: HELP! (AKA Those whacky users...)

From: Mike Rife <rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu>
Date: 1995/12/11

In article <4a7221$s3i_at_punch.dot.state.ny.us>, tking_at_gw.dot.state.ny.us (Tim King) says:

>This question has probably been asked 1K+ times before, but since I haven't
>seen the answer yet, I guess I'll have to ask it again!
>How do I drop a table that has a name with a trailing blank character? I
>don't know how it got there. A user called me because they were trying to
>drop it, but obviously could not by referencing the table name as they saw it.
>Database is V6 on IBM VM/ESA (Long live the dinosaur!).
>Any assistance is appreciated.
>Tim.

If your table name is "BOGUS " then try DROP TABLE "BOGUS ";

We had some views that their names were lower case. The only way we could drop them is to put them in double quotes. Give it a try. Received on Mon Dec 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message