Re: Dbase DBF files port to Oracle

From: Kenneth Nichols <knichols_at_deltanet.com>
Date: 1995/12/11

Cheryl,

I once did exactly what you're talking about for a school project. My method was extremely clunky (sounds of laughter from the in-crowd) but works great if you're dBase-literate and an Oracle novice.

Here's how it works: write a short .PRG program in dBase which outputs SQL insert statements, filling in the data from the dBase file, so that you generate a file containing one SQL insert statement per dbase record. You then transfer this file to your Oracle machine with the sql extension and run it.

If you're interested I can send you the database I used plus the .PRG file and the resulting SQL file.

Hope this helps,

Ken Nichols Received on Mon Dec 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message