Re: Why Oracle Tools?......

From: Mike Corum <mecoru_at_tin>
Date: 1995/12/11

In article <9512111235.AA26541_at_enzomc>, <emaini_at_sikorsky.com> writes:

snip...

> There is one and only one reason to use Oracle Development Tools! If you
 need
> to support Macintosh, Windows and Motif Clients. There is not another 4GL
> that does a better Job at cross-platform work. If you are an all PC shop,
> then Delphi and several others are a better choice. If you are and all
 Motif
> Shop, you might check out JAM or Nueron Data. If you are an all Mac shop,
> check out JAM. Oracle is best used only if you have to support all three
> otherwise it is not worth the effort. The Oracle Tools are still 18 months
> behind all the rest.
>
> - Enzo

As always, remember that OMNIS7 V3 also handles all these platforms quite nicely and with a much more modern development environment than Oracle tools. Also, don't forget that MS Visual C++ handles both PC and Macintosh.

Mike Corum
COTE
Technical Consulting Team
Monsanto Co
(My opinion only...) Received on Mon Dec 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message