Re: Personal Oracle for MS-Windows

From: W. van der Deijl <W.van.der.Deijl_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1995/12/10

jorge_at_serrana.satlink.net (JORGE LJUBICH) wrote:

>Hi,

>Please, could you tell me which are the real hardware requirements for
>Personal Oracle for MS-Windows? Is there any Personal Oracle version
>for MS-Windows 95 available at this time?
The official statement from Oracle is that you need 16Mb of memory, althoug I would adice 24 or 32 if you want to get some good performance.

Be sure that if you're going to use Designer/2000 you need more memory as you have to enlarge some buffers, that might take about 12Mb more. I have a PO7 system for Win95 using all the Developer/2000 and Designer/2000 products on a P100 with 32Mb RAM. Just after I start Personal Oracle System Montitor tells me there is 46Mb of allocated memory, so I'm allready 14Mb short. It looks to me like PO7 works better under Win95 then under Win3.x. This is probably because Win95 is much faster in disk access and swapping speed.

So I would advice you to use PO7-95. You can get the beta version for free from the Web, but the real version should be for sale by now for about $200,-
Bye,
Wilfred
The Netherlands Received on Sun Dec 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message