Re: Is this a bug in Oracle Power Object?

From: EndUser <enduser_at_enduser.com>
Date: 1995/12/10

blaze is part of OPO in that it is an embedded SQL database with much of what an oracle7 db has. but, unlike a standalone or server oracle, it has many restrictions, like the table editing, and lack of support for some SQL. likwise, you cant write a PRO*C or any other client app to access an OPO blaze db, it only exists withing the project you make with OPO. to say that the lack of table editing in blaze is a bug is like saying oracle lacks certain features of gupta, or sybase, so it has bugs. they arent bugs, they are limitations if that feature is something you need and want. to be practical, the use of blaze is for development only, a running gui should be used agains the personal or server version when it becomes a reality. it is possible to invent an OPO class that could use basic I/O to read and create tables in OPO from a script file, but noone has done it and offered it to us early developers yet, probably because its just as easy to just use personal or server oracle, instead of blaze.