Re: HELP! Need barcode printing software!

From: Mark W. McBride, president, SPCS, Inc. <spcsinc_at_intersurf.com>
Date: 1995/12/09

Did you hear the news? On 8 Dec 1995 21:36:16 GMT, our ether buddy matt.lih_at_trw.com (Matthew M. Lih) spaketh thusly:

:)Can anyone point me to where I can find inexpensive software/shareware/
:)freeware to print barcodes? Or which newsgroup might be able to help?

:)I've already got Label Master, but it doesn't recognize my networked
:)laser printer.

Hi Matt!

You've got a couple choices here. For just fonts, go to our page:

http://www.intersurf.com/~spcsinc/goodstuf.html

and select the link for Barcode1 - they have some fonts there - some glitchy, some not. Definitely not for mass production work - mostly cut and paste.

FYI, we publish a free-form RDBMS for windows called SPCS PrimaBase(R) that offers integrated barcode support and printing for myriad types. A working trial version is downloadable from our web site and, yes, the trial version *does* print the supported barcodes.

Hope that helps - good luck in your quest. Any questions/problems, give me a shout - you've got the boss' ear and e-mail address!

Best, Mac

 |SCANDINAVIAN PC SYSTEMS, INC                  "Not high tech,          |
 | Baton Rouge, La = 504-338-9580                 not low tech, just     |
 |  9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Central M-F                   the *right* tech!" (R)|
 |SPCS, Inc. is a Vietnam-era veteran operated small business.  Est. 1985|
 |WWW: http://www.intersurf.com/~spcsinc/ | E-Mail: spcsinc_at_intersurf.com|
 |  Snail mail to: SPCS, Inc., P.O. Box 3156, Baton Rouge LA 70821-3156  |
 | Publishers of: John C. Dvorak's PC Crash Course and Survival Guide(tm)|
 |      SPCS' PC Crash Course and Survival Guide (tm) for Windows        |
 |Computer-based writing aids: Readability(tm) Plus & Corporate Voice(tm)|  | SPCS PrimaBase(R) - Windows RDBMS uniquely offering barcode support! |

NOTE: Demo disks on several of our products are available for download at our web site. If you attempt to get to our web site and are unable to access our pages, please let us know by return e-mail ASAP so that we may correct the problem. Thank you for your interest and assistance!

DISCLAIMER: If it's business related, heck yes you can believe it - I'm the president of the company! If it's not, consider it just my humble opinion. Received on Sat Dec 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message