Re: Oracle Reports 2.0 and Emulators

From: Loh Kir Chern <mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg>
Date: 1995/12/09

Dear Bill,

> ] 3. Everytime I want to print, I have to go Choose Printer and select
> ] a printer. Is there anyway I can save my printer as default without
> ] having to hard code using setenv etc ?
>
> You can use "desformat=<printer>" on the command line; or, set
> TK2_PRINTER, ORACLE_PRINTER or PRINTER to the printer name; or, make
> sure TK2_PRINTER, ORACLE_PRINTER and PRINTER are all UNdefined, and make
> your printer the first entry in uiprint.txt.
>
> -- Bill K.
Putting the printer on the first entry on uiprint.txt is out because we have multiple printers. Yes, setting "setenv TK2_PRINT ...." does work, however if one wants to print to some other printer (other than that set by default earlier) during the same Forms 4.0/Reports 2.0 session, the output still goes to the defaulted printer. This is a real case problem because normal printouts would be channeled to locally connected one, but for special case printing, like cheque printing, it should be able to be channeled to that special printer. Although you choose the right printer in the Choose Printer Dialog Box, it still does not overwrite the defaulted printer set by TK2_PRINT earlier.

In windows application like Words, Excel, one can easily switched to a different printer although a defaulted printer was already set in Control Panel.

Hope you have any workarounds. And once again, thank you so much.

Rgds
Kir Chern, Loh
(Inst Of Molecular And Cell Biology
National University Of Singapore
Email : mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg) Received on Sat Dec 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message